Customer Support Representative
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
As a Customer Support Representative, you will primarily support our customers via email, and occasionally via social media channels. You will represent the Blurb brand to our global customer base and support them by answering questions, solving problems and communicating feedback and requested features back to the company.
- Resolving inbound customer inquiries efficiently and successfully
- Monitoring and maintaining business SLA’s for response times
- Interfacing with product development, product design and operations to escalate and resolve issues
- Suggesting changes in Customer Support policies and internal workflows to create efficiency and improved results
- Other projects as assigned
Education: Associate degree or higher preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, especially when explaining complicated issues
- Proven ability to learn quickly
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Moderate technical abilities – comfortable working with and troubleshooting multiple desktop applications, file formats, and operating systems; ability to quickly learn customer support tracking/management system
- Moderate analytical skills – comfort with tools and processes involved in data-driven decision-making
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, ambitious and flexible
- Personable, outgoing team player; Must work well independently and with a team
In addition, you possess the following qualities:
- You interact effectively and harmoniously with other people
- You are able to see the big picture and can be strategic in your decision making
- You take initiative and are results-oriented
- You are a strong communicator, within your team and across functions
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, self-driven, ambitious and flexible
- Knowledge of the book printing process, shipping/logistics, publishing/distribution a plus
- Experience with design/photography a plus
- Fluency in French, Spanish, German, Dutch, or Italian a plus.
- And last but not least, you radiate a positive attitude and your colleagues agree that you are collaborative and a solid team player
Performance Measures (This is how your success will be measured):
- Achieve strong customer ratings via customer feedback
- Support customers to ensure a positive experience with Blurb
- Achieve Business SLA’s for response times
- Demonstrate clear communication of customer feedback with supported data
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
May be expected to work irregular hours on occasion.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- $300 credit a year to create your own books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.