Escalation Specialist, Expert Service Team
Remote position - must be based in USA (East Coast), UK or Netherlands
Blurb® is a software-driven self-publishing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to create, design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed photo books, trade books, journals, and magazines, among others. To date, we have printed nearly 30 million books and have over 3.3M+ unique users. Blurb includes a team of design, technology, and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb authors have created millions of books using our full suite of free book-making tools. Blurb is taking the inspiration forward beyond books and recently launched custom wall art. Every wall is a blank canvas. Fill it with big smiles or wild panoramas. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and can be found online at www.blurb.com.
As part of the Customer Support organization, you will be responsible for supporting our global customer base through multiple mediums of communication, including emails and ticket submissions. You will represent the Blurb brand to our customers, supporting them by answering questions, solving problems and communicating requested features back to the company.
As an Escalation Specialist on the Expert Service Team, your role supports both our customers AND our front-line customer service agents with more difficult issues. Books are personal creations and our customers have high expectations for when the final result arrives. You will learn our products and become an expert escalation point to solve product related issues that our front-line support team is unable to resolve. As you work solutions, you will use your expertise to suggest new help documentation and suggest improvements to the tools our teams use day to day.
- Resolving inbound customer email inquiries efficiently and successfully
- Stay on top of our latest creation tools, website, and functions to provide solutions to difficult issues
- Determine what solutions should be escalated to our Training team to improve our effectiveness in front line customer support
- Monitoring and maintaining business SLA’s for response times
- Interfacing with technical support, product, and operations to escalate and resolve issues
- Work closely with other Customer Support teams to iterate our tools, processes and policies as appropriate
- Be cross trained to assist other Escalation teams as traffic trends require.
Other Job Functions:
- Other projects as assigned
Education: Associate degree or higher preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to learn quickly
- Prior experience with customer support and ticket escalation
- Understanding printing and related color process is helpful
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Moderate technical abilities – comfortable working with and troubleshooting multiple desktop applications, file formats, and operating systems; ability to quickly learn customer support tracking/management system
- Moderate analytical skills – comfort with tools and processes involved in data-driven decision-making
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, ambitious and flexible
- Personable, outgoing team player
- Fluent in Dutch. French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and/or Italian a plus
In addition, you possess the following qualities:
- You are able to see the big picture and can be strategic in your decision making
- You have a bias towards taking initiative and are results-oriented
- You are a strong communicator, within your team and across functions
- And last but not least, you radiate a positive attitude, and your colleagues agree that you are collaborative and a solid team player
Performance Measures (this is how your success will be measured):
- Achieve strong customer ratings via customer feedback
- Support customers to ensure a positive experience with Blurb
- Achieve Business SLAs for response times
- Demonstrate clear communication of customer feedback with supported data
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.