Ecommerce Digital Marketing & Merchandising Manager
Blurb® is a software-driven self-publishing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to create, publish, promote, and sell one-of-a-kind books in print and digital formats. Blurb authors have created millions of books using our full suite of free book-making tools. We’re expanding rapidly into new markets and tapping into new customer segments and need a pro-active and detail-oriented digital marketing & merchandising manager to join us!
We are seeking an Ecommerce Digital Marketing & Merchandising Manager who will oversee site experience, including site merchandising, conversion rate optimization, performance monitoring, and SEO. You will be responsible for managing and executing website campaigns as well as working cross-functionally with partners to deliver optimal customer experiences. As a generalist, you have experience managing agency partners, creative partners, understand ecommerce and site performance best practices, and have hands-on experience with analysis and execution.
We are looking for a precise, detail-oriented individual that loves delivering high quality work. You will be the go-to source for all online campaign data and analytic insights in collaboration with multiple agencies to execute and continually improve the campaign process.
You will report to the Director of eCommerce, and work collaboratively with the growth, brand and creative teams, as well as our agency partners. You will assist the Director in advising and inspiring the team to do their best work and achieve meaningful results.
- Primarily responsible for co-managing and owning Blurb’s agency relationships for SEO, Conversion Rate Optimization, and Analytics
- Act as subject matter expert for all things campaign management and campaign execution including best practices, creative QA, and delivery troubleshooting
- Manage the implementation of website marketing, product merchandising content and seasonal promotions
- Use site analytics and financial reporting analysis to develop merchandising and product content strategies to increase conversion.
- Partner cross-functionally to deliver integrated customer experiences on the website by delivering clear business input documents
- Oversee and report on the success of digital campaigns and provide program changes or recommendations
- Responsible for implementing new process and policies to minimize turnaround time on campaign optimization requests
- Lead weekly status meetings to review all campaigns and ensure optimal monetization and execution
- Collaborate with Blurb creative team on campaign asset requests, develop creative briefs and main point of contact for campaign issues when necessary
- Collaborate with Retention Marketing and Acquisition to deliver integrated customer experiences
- Drive other projects as needed by executives or as business needs change
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications, business, or similar discipline
- Minimum 3+ years experience in online/digital marketing and ecommerce campaign management
- Minimum 3+ years experience in merchandising; website product catalog management, website merchandising and creative asset management
- Hands on experience in conversion rate optimization tools including Optimizely, Adobe Target, Monetate, or similar platforms
- Familiarity with data visitation platforms and technologies including Google Analytics, Tableau, or similar systems
- Good project management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail is a must
- Strong skills with PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of project management systems, including JIRA and the Agile process a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Low-Code Content platforms like Big Commerce, WordPress, or Shopify
Not sure if the role is a good fit for you? That’s okay! We’d still be happy to consider you.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.