Specialist - SEO
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
The full-time Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing, managing, and executing the Blurb.com SEO and CRO campaigns. The individual will know how to balance SEO recommendations with compelling content, all while achieving ultimate results.
The Specialist will stay on top of SEO trends and be an in-house SEO and CRO lead. The ultimate Specialist will understand that organic traffic is key to the business but getting customers through the funnel at the highest yield is considered a success.
- Act as the SEO champion who develops strategies that result in customer growth, including write requirements, review and establish timelines with stakeholders, and own project management.
- Join forces with Product, Engineering, Analytics, Content, and other teams.
- Lead ongoing keyword and content optimizations of our US and International sites, including technical and content elements.
- Use qualitative and quantitate sources of data to develop, introduce, and execute a conversion yield optimization strategy and testing plan for organic and paid media.
- Report on CRO key findings, current initiatives, and conversion testing plan.
- Develop hypotheses, build and execute A/B or multivariate tests through Optimizely.
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive an SEO lean-forward approach to new and existing content.
- Recommend optimizations to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Owner, expert, and troubleshooter of all 3rd party ad tags hosted by Tealium IQ.
- Point-person to address any performance and/or page speed concerns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Right Person:
- A passion and comfort with data.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of the fundamentals of SEO and CRO with a minimum of 2 years extensive hands-on experience.
- Fluent knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Must have the ability to immediately address SEO industry trends and ranking strategies.
- Familiarity with ASO.
- Driven to get things done.
- Experience with leading search engine ranking, traffic, and web analytics software.
- Experience: JIRA, Google AdWords, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, Moz, Deepcrawl, Screaming Frog, SEMrush, Tealium Tag Manager, Optimizely, Google Analytics, and other customer analytics integrations; and multi variant testing.
- Bonus Points: Visual IQ, Hotjar, CMS Platforms and SumoLogic.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA options)
- Parental Leave Benefit
- Employer-Paid Life insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation and Parking expenses
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 15 Days Paid Time Off Per Year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Birthday Off
- Catered Lunch on Wednesdays
- Office massage
- $300 credit A Year to Create Your Own Books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.